Imagine that you could be a part of making future retail safer, easier, and more fun. At Extenda Retail, we are a dream team of different experts that creates frictionless, game-changing software for major retail chains around the globe. Join a workplace where hobbies, passions and careers come together when we innovate tomorrow’s retail tech.
We are now looking for a passionate and solution oriented engineer with a big interest in tech. Your mission in the role as an Associate Site Reliability Engineer is to ensure that our services we develop are reliable and available for our customers. You will be a part of the SRE-team but you will have an extra focus on DevOps.
As an Associate Site Reliability Engineer at Extenda Retail you will bridge the gap between Operations and Development aiming to increase speed and efficiency by leveraging automation tools. You will work proactively to scale a dynamic environment by maintaining our hosting environment, monitoring the system, evaluating third party solutions and setting requirements to continuously develop accessibility and the overall operations environment. In the role you will do real-time troubleshooting of critical application incidents, manage real-time escalations and ensure that procedures are in place and driven to resolution. You will work closely with the development teams during the development process offering education and guidance on SRE practices in order to keep CI/CD functioning as expected with maintenance and upgrade.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Apply DevOps practices and automate manual processes to drive down operational overhead.
- Ensure that applications are built and designed to be deployed easily.
- Monitor the system to proactively detect and diagnose issues.
- Work closely with the development team to help them become more efficient aiming to scale the platform and fulfill the business case.
- Improve our emergency response processes based on agile methodologies.
We offer you
- Great opportunities to make an instant impact and get the right tools to further develop yourself professionally.
- A workplace that offers flexibility.
- An environment built on trust where we rely on your competence and always strive to foster innovation.
We are looking for
We want a solution oriented and self-driven person with a proactive attitude that will bring a significant value to our team at Extenda Retail. As you will work with internal and external stakeholders we want you to have verbal and written communication skills together with a passion for technology and a growth mindset to always learn and develop.
We look for ambitious people with a significant drive, fueled by curiosity to innovate. We want you to be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced environment with the ambition to go above and beyond to produce the best possible results.
You will also need the ability to shift between tasks without getting overloaded and stay calm in stressful situations.
Required Skills And Experience
- Technical interest.
- Knowledge of DevOps.
- Knowledge of SRE.
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both verbal and writing.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of a Cloud Platform (preferably Google).
- Experience of working as a SRE.
- Experience of working with DevOps.
- University degree within SRE or/and DevOps.
Getting an idea of our Tech Stack
We also want to give you an idea of the technical landscape here at Extenda Retail. As a heavy adopter of cloud we utilize solutions in Google Cloud Platform (Such as Cloud Spanner, Cloud run, Pub-Sub). In our tech stack you will also find Git, Github actions, Docker, Kubernetes, infrastructure-as-code, Postgresql, Java, NodeJS, Jira, Confluence.
Working at Extenda retail
- Continue developing a comprehensive set of retail services
- Google’s complete catalogue of modular cloud
- Collaboration with Google Cloud to run its next generation of cloud-native retail