Would you like to contribute to the overall architecture strategy and technical direction at Extenda Retail and help us develop our new cloud platform Hii Checkout?
As a Lead-developer/Software Architect your main responsibility will be to set technical direction for the Point-of-Sale (POS) product area and to guide your team through our transformation from on-prem services to cloud-based microservice SaaS.
You will also be part of the Architecture chapter, a cross-team group of architects, where you will contribute to the overall architecture strategy and technical direction of the company.
The role is based within Product Development and you and your team are responsible for bringing the next generation of POS products to life. Products that you likely already have used and perhaps have an idea of how we can improve.
- Technical direction within the POS product areas
- Guiding team members to ensure that products and services within your domain are compatible with other related products within the company.
- Make sure that architecture is easy maintainable and supports agile development practices
- Ensuring that the product has relevant and accessible technical documentation
- Contributing to Extenda Retail’s overall architecture and technology strategy through the Architecture Chapter
We think you are...
Someone who gravitates towards the big problems because nothing beats the feeling of solving them.
An engineer at heart that still loves to write code and takes great pride in the quality of your work.
A tech lover who just can’t wait to test that latest tool or framework and that your excitement of trying something new is contagious.
A team member and a leader who understands the value of investing and mentoring others rather than doing everything yourself.
A promoter of agile practices and a builder of great engineering culture.
A skilled communicator who can make sense of technology to engineers and product managers alike.
Skills and requirements
- Academic degree in relevant computer science field
- 3+ years as a lead developer or architect in a product or SaaS company, preferably within the retail industry.
- 7+ years of SW development experience
- Cloud platforms (Google cloud platform is a + and experience from a cloud transformation project is a ++)
- Understand the design and structure of a micro service architecture.
- Fluent in Java and other relevant technologies, like NodeJS
- Knowledge and understanding of software workflows CI/CD including build systems like Gradle, Maven, Git and Github actions.
- Fluent in Swedish, both written and verbal (very nice to have)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Our head office is located in Stockholm, but the core team for the POS products are located in Gothenburg and sitting together with the team is probably a must.
Working at Extenda retail
- Continue developing a comprehensive set of retail services
- Google’s complete catalogue of modular cloud
- Collaboration with Google Cloud to run its next generation of cloud-native retail